- Stardate 8130.4: Project Genesis enters its third stage. USS Reliant is dispatched to the Ceti Alpha system to determine the viability of Ceti Alpha VI for use in the Genesis test. The vessel is hijacked by Khan Noonien Singh, and used to launch an attack on the USS Enterprise. Khan is killed in the detonation of the Genesis Device aboard Reliant. Captain Spock dies while restoring power to Enterprise's warp drive, allowing it to escape. The Genesis Planet is formed. (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)
- James T. Kirk turns 52 years old. (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)
- Stardate 8205.5: The USS Excelsior, Starfleet's first Excelsior-class starship, is commissioned. (Star Trek III: The Search for Spock)
- Stardate 8210.3: Admiral James T. Kirk steals the USS Enterprise in an attempt to rescue Spock, revived by the effects of the Genesis Planet. USS Grissom is destroyed by a Klingon Bird-of-Prey commanded by Kruge. The Enterprise is destroyed to prevent it from falling into Klingon hands. Kirk and his crew return to Vulcan in the Klingon Bird-of-Prey, where Spock's memory is restored with the fal-tor-pan ritual. (Star Trek III: The Search for Spock)
- USS Hathaway, a Constellation-class starship, is launched from Copernicus Ship Yards, Luna. (TNG: "Peak Performance")
- According to Spock, Cyrano Jones would've finished cleaning Deep Space Station K-7 from tribbles this year. (TOS: "The Trouble with Tribbles")
- Joran wrote a musical piece. (DS9: "Equilibrium")
- Following the death of Torias in a shuttlecraft accident, the Dax symbiont is joined with Joran. (DS9: "Dax", "Equilibrium", "Rejoined")
- Doctor Carol Marcus makes a somewhat odd statement in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan that "Starfleet has kept the peace for a hundred years" suggesting that there have been no major conflicts in the Federation since 2185. This is seemingly contradicted, however, by such known conflicts as the Battle of Axanar and the First Federation-Klingon War. However, she may have been referring to a full-scale conflict, as the Federation-Klingon War only lasted a few days, if not less.
- According to Star Trek: Star Charts (p. 33), Trill (Trillius Prime) was admitted to the United Federation of Planets.