- On the planet Dramia, Commander Demos placed Doctor Leonard McCoy under arrest for allowing the outbreak of an auroral plague to develop on Dramia II in 2251. (TAS: "Albatross")
- Captain James T. Kirk invoked Starfleet General Order 6, on the USS Enterprise, after he and his crew contract the auroral plague. (TAS: "Albatross")
- McCoy found a cure for the auroral plague, via blood samples of the USS Enterprise crew, which allowed Kirk to lift General Order 6. (TAS: "Albatross")
- After the testimony of defense witness, for McCoy, Kol-Tai, it was discovered that the auroral plague was caused by radiation and McCoy was exonerated and McCoy was lauded as a hero for saving both the lives on Dramia II, but also his own crewmates. (TAS: "Albatross")
- Orion neutrality came to an end after an act of piracy. After the freighter USS Huron was attacked and looted, the USS Enterprise captured the Orion vessel responsible. (TAS: "The Pirates of Orion")
- After a mild outbreak of choriocytosis aboard the USS Enterprise, the only seriously ill crewmember, Commander Spock, is saved from near death by a shipment of strobolin which was briefly stolen by Orions. (TAS: "The Pirates of Orion")
- Kirk ordered a Federation quarantine of the planet Delta Theta III under Starfleet General Order 1 to maintain the Prime Directive of non-interference in the development of that planet's society and culture. (TAS: "Bem")
- Near the beginning of this year, James T. Kirk's five-year mission ends. (VOY: "Q2")
- Kirk was promoted to Admiral and becomes Chief of Starfleet Operations. (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
- Spock retired from Starfleet and returns to Vulcan to undergo kolinahr. (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
- Leonard McCoy also retired from Starfleet and started a private medical practice on Earth. (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
- Willard Decker was promoted to captain of the USS Enterprise. (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
- Felisa Howard was born. (TNG: "Sub Rosa")
- The first TOS missions of Star Trek: Legacy take place in this year, since Kirk notes in his Captain's Log that it has been two years since the events of "The Enterprise Incident" which took place in 2268.
- The events of the Star Trek novel Lost Years occur in this year.
- According to the script for the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Blood Oath", The Albino may have been born around this year.