This page contains information regarding new Star Trek material, and thus may contain spoilers.
Events (alternate reality)
- The crew of the USS Enterprise become involved in the Mudd Incident, leading to them confiscating a K'normian trading ship. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- A month later, James T. Kirk violates the Prime Directive while saving Spock's life on Nibiru, and is demoted. Spock is transferred to the USS Bradbury. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- Christopher Pike convinces Alexander Marcus to allow Kirk to become his first officer. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- John Harrison coerces a member of Section 31 into bombing their facility, the Kelvin Memorial Archive, in London. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- At Starfleet Headquarters, Marcus convenes a summit to commence a manhunt for Harrison, when he attacks, murdering Pike. Harrison escapes by transwarp beaming to the uninhabited Ketha Province of Qo'noS. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- Kirk receives permission to hunt down Harrison and to reinstate Spock as his first officer. Admiral Marcus orders Kirk to use 72 experimental long-range photon torpedoes to execute Harrison from orbit. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- Carol Marcus comes aboard the Enterprise. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- Montgomery Scott and Keenser take a leave of absence, infuriated that they are not allowed to inspect Marcus's 72 missiles. Kirk appoints Pavel Chekov to replace him as chief engineer. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- Following Spock and Scott's advice, Kirk decides to arrest Harrison and bring him to a tribunal instead of killing him. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- The USS Enterprise's warp core breaks down just before it arrives at Qo'noS. Kirk leads an away team with Spock and Uhura to find Harrison. They are intercepted by Klingons patrolling the region, who respond to negotiations by trying to murder Uhura. Harrison intervenes, killing the Klingons, and then allows himself to be taken in by Kirk. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- On a nearby planetoid, following Harrison's suggestion, McCoy and Marcus disarm one of the long-range missiles, and discover a cryotube, containing a fully-preserved human, is inside. Meanwhile, in Sector 001, Scott, having been relayed coordinates by Kirk, discover the secret base where the USS Vengeance is under construction. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- Harrison reveals he is Khan Noonien Singh, and explains he tried to smuggle his fellow Augments from the SS Botany Bay in the torpedoes but was forced to flee when he was discovered. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- The Enterprise is intercepted by the Vengeance, captained by Admiral Marcus, who demands Khan be handed over immediately. The Enterprise attempts to escape at warp, but the Vengeance pursues them, and fires it out of the warp stream at Luna. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- Marcus beams up his daughter and orders the Enterprise's destruction, but Scott deactivates the Vengeance's weapons. Kirk and Khan skydive onboard the Vengeance, where they are received by Scott.
- Spock contacts the old Spock on New Vulcan, and after listening to his recollection of his confrontations with Khan Noonien Singh, orders McCoy to remove the cryotubes from the torpedoes.
- On the Vengeance's bridge, Khan overpowers Scott and Kirk, and kills Admiral Marcus. Khan, now in control of the Vengeance, requests his crew in exchange for Kirk, Scott and Carol, or he will use the ship's remaining power to destroy the Enterprise, causing it to fall towards Earth. Spock oblidges, and Khan beams back the three Enterprise crew members, but resumes firing anyway.
- Spock has the torpedoes detonated, crippling the Vengeance. Both damaged ships begin falling to Earth. Kirk enters the radiation-flooded warp core, and is able to repair it, narrowly saving the Enterprise, but at the cost of his life. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- Khan deliberately pilots the Vengeance towards San Francisco, crashing it in the city center. Khan survives, and flees through San Francisco. However, he is apprehended by Spock and Uhura. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- Due to Khan's regenerative blood cells, a blood transfusion is conducted from Khan to Kirk. After two weeks, Kirk is fully revived. Khan is placed in cryogenic preservation once more. (Star Trek Into Darkness)
- According to the Star Trek: Star Charts (pg. 33), Deneb V becomes warp capable.
- The 2013 video game Star Trek is set around stardate 2259.33 (February 2nd, 2259).