This page contains information regarding Star Trek: Discovery, and thus may contain spoilers.
- The USS Shenzhou visits the Crepusculan homeworld saves them from a drought. (DIS: "The Vulcan Hello")
- The Shenzhou is called to a binary star system to investigate damage done to an interstellar relay. (DIS: "The Vulcan Hello", "Battle at the Binary Stars")
- The Battle of the Binary Stars occurs; Captain Philippa Georgiou and T'Kuvma are killed. (DIS: "The Vulcan Hello", "Battle at the Binary Stars")
- Michael Burnham is found guilty of mutiny and is stripped of her rank and is sentenced to life imprisonment. (DIS: "The Vulcan Hello", "Battle at the Binary Stars")
- A failed test of the USS Glenn's experimental spore drive causes the crew to be mutilated. A group of Klingons try to take advantage of the disabled ship but are all killed by a creature on board. (DIS: "Context Is for Kings")
- After being diverted from transfer to the Tellun penal colony, Michael Burnham and three other prisoners stay aboard the USS Discovery until their shuttle is fixed. While on board, Burnham learns about what the ship and her captain, Gabriel Lorca, are doing in their fight against the Klingons. Burnham is sent on an away mission with Sylvia Tilly and Paul Stamets to investigate the USS Glenn. (DIS: "Context Is for Kings")
- Captain Lorca has the Glenn scuttled, but keeps the creature found on the ship. (DIS: "Context Is for Kings")
- Michael Burnham joins the crew of the Discovery. (DIS: "Context Is for Kings")
- Captain Lorca leads the Discovery to victory, destroying multiple Klingon ships during their attack on Corvan II. (DIS: "The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry")
- Captain Lorca is captured by Klingons while returning from a conference. During his captivity, he encounters Starfleet Lieutenant Ash Tyler and Harcourt Fenton Mudd. Lorca and Tyler escape, leading Mudd behind for helping the Klingons and are beamed aboard the Discovery after it arrives to find Lorca. (DIS: "Choose Your Pain")
- Leonard McCoy ends his relationship with (the future) Nancy Crater. (TOS: "The Man Trap")
- According to the Star Trek Chronology, Christopher Pike finished his first five-year mission in this year.