(covers information from several alternate timelines)
The 2240s were an important decade for Federation space exploration, with the commissioning of new starship class vessels Constitution and Enterprise, which came to be known as Constitution-class starships. Captained by Robert T. April, with wife Sarah April as CMO, Enterprise experienced many exploration firsts in her long career, which began in 2245. These new ships benefited from advances in warp drive which came along with the breaking of the time barrier, and also new computer advancements such as duotronics, invented by Richard Daystrom in this decade.
- The PXK pergium-powered nuclear reactor goes out of common use. One notable exception is the Janus VI colony. (TOS: "The Devil in the Dark")
- The decade also included one of the worst crimes in Federation history when 4,000 colonists at Tarsus IV would be put to death at the orders of Governor Kodos. (TOS: "The Conscience of the King")
- The Vulcan Ambassador Sarek becomes Michael Burnham's Legal guardian. (DIS: "The Vulcan Hello")
Alternate reality Edit
- Approximately around the early to middle years of this decade, a young James T. Kirk went for a joyride in his stepfather's Corvette, bailing out just as the car fell into a deep quarry. (Star Trek)
- Around the same time, a young Spock gets into a physically violent altercation with 1 of 3 other Vulcan students at the Vulcan Learning Center after they insulted his mother. (Star Trek)