- The Earth colony ship SS Conestoga is launched with the mission of colonizing the planet Terra Nova. (ENT: "Terra Nova")
- The Emperor of the Klingon Empire dies without any successors claiming the throne. This results in the Klingon High Council taking effective political control of the Empire. (TNG: "Rightful Heir")
- Intersat code, a form of interstellar communication for Earth spaceships, is discontinued. (TAS: "The Terratin Incident")
- The last of the Earth-Kzin Wars ends this year with a Human victory. (TAS: "The Slaver Weapon")
- The worlds Earth and Kzin come to an accord with the Treaty of Sirius. (TAS: "The Slaver Weapon")
- At the peak of their empire, a Skorr philosopher named Alar starts the process of reforming his society into a nation of pacifists. (TAS: "The Jihad")
- The TNG version of 21st century history states that World War III took place in the 2050s, and the post-atomic effects were recorded in the 2060s and 2070s in Star Trek: First Contact and "Encounter at Farpoint". It seems that a high profile, well-outfitted colonization effort using the infant warp drive technology came from this turmoil. The version of events presented in Enterprise relates well with the launch of SS Valiant only two years after First Contact.
Background information Edit