- A pin-up calendar features the tag line "My love has wings" for the month of July under a woman's picture.
- July 2 - A Ferengi shuttle from the 24th century, carrying Quark, Rom, Nog, and Odo, crashes on Earth near Roswell, New Mexico leading to unofficial first contact between Humans and Ferengi. The "aliens" are briefly imprisoned by the United States Army Air Forces before they escape, returning to their own time. The event is covered up by the USA, claiming all they ever found was a weather balloon. (DS9: "Little Green Men")
- According to the script for "The Neutral Zone", Sonny was forty-seven years old in 1994, placing his birth in this year.
- The novel I, the Jury by Mickey Spillane is published. (Star Trek Encyclopedia (4th ed., vol. 1, p. 354))
- October 14 - Chuck Yeager becomes the first Human to fly faster than the speed of sound. (Star Trek Encyclopedia (4th ed., vol. 2, p. 507))
- A medical questionnaire created as a prop for "Carpenter Street" mentioned a half-sibling maternal relative of a blood donor to the Porter Street blood bank in 2004 which was born in Sweden in 1947. The prop can be seen at YourProps.com, but it is unclear if it appeared on screen.