- The town of Sainte Claire, in France, is retaken from the Nazis by the US 29th Infantry Division during World War II. (VOY: "The Killing Game", "The Killing Game, Part II")
- The Big Good-Bye, a detective novel in the Dixon Hill series, was published in New York and London. (TNG: "The Big Goodbye")
- In an alternate timeline, Nazi Germany controls a large portion of the Eastern US including New York City thanks to the mysterious assassination of Vladimir Lenin in 1916 and help from the Na'kuhl Vosk, who had traveled back in time from the 29th century. Jonathan Archer and the Enterprise NX-01 are sent to this altered timeline by the temporal agent Daniels in order to prevent the Temporal Cold War from becoming "hot". The timeline is later re-set after Archer and the Suliban Silik are able to bring down the energy shields protecting Vosk's temporal conduit, allowing the Enterprise crew to destroy it with photonic torpedoes. (ENT: "Storm Front", "Storm Front, Part II")
- In 2268, the library computer of the USS Enterprise accessed its uniform section to create an SS Colonel's uniform from this year. (TOS: "Patterns of Force")
- The Star Trek: Deep Space Nine young adult novel Trapped in Time takes place in June 1944.